Thursday, October 10, 2013

End of the 1st Six Weeks

Things are moving well with my action research project.  The PLC has had its second meeting and I am still waiting on the first writing assessment to be graded by the members of the PLC that were chosen to grade the papers.  All of the members on the committee seem to be very involved and participate well during the meetings.  I have asked several times if there are any new or different strategies the writing teachers want to implement and I get blank stares...so I am not sure if I am asking the right questions or if they just don't of any writing strategies.  This seem a bit odd to me since all of the other teachers have many, many more years of teaching experience than I do.

I do have the 5th grade writing assessments back and they were pretty good.  The rubric gave them a maximum of 15 points possible.  15 of 39 students were at the 15 point level, which is pretty good.  The rest staggered down from there and I will keep a spread sheet with the data to track.  I will send out an email today to reminder the other PLC members that I need there graded rubrics.

So far, this project is going well and the members are helpful.  On to the next six weeks!!

1 comment: